1. I know how to get the most from your property for the least cost and the least hassle. I design without sacrificing function, style and interest.
2. A full set of design plans will enable you to ‘shop around’ for the most suitable contractor for the job. When it comes to building your new garden all contractors and suppliers will be quoting off the same plans. You will be able to get a fixed price for the job and avoid disagreements about price once the garden is completed. Quotations for building new gardens can vary by as much as 50% or more, and not all contractors are equally skilled.
3. Landscaping companies often charge more for a job when building plans are not available, and there is a greater chance of them building a garden you don’t like. Increased charges cover them against financial loss arising from misunderstandings with the client about the work that needs to be done. Design plans tell the contractor exactly what the job entails and he/she would have quoted accordingly.
4. If you are a DIYer you will be able to build your new garden for at least half of the price a contractor would charge. Design plans with additional construction drawings give you all the necessary working drawings to build your own garden and save.
5. If the landscaping project is going to be carried out over several years design plans ensure continuity. Once completed, all parts of the garden will fit together harmoniously.
6. Because I, as an experienced professional designer, have designed your new garden you know it will be attractive and functional, designed to meet the demands of your own unique way of life. All elements of the new garden will as you expect them to be – there won’t be any costly mistakes that need to be ripped out and rebuilt.
7. The planting plan is carefully composed to take into account soil type and climatic conditions, and reduce garden maintenance. Expensive plant losses and time-consuming garden chores are avoided when you have a detailed planting plan that utilizes suitable and attractive plants.
8. As an independent designer I work for you alone, not for a plant supplier, nor for a landscaping company. I am not interested in selling you plants, decks or paving. My only agenda is to design a garden that specifically suits your needs and desires.
9. As your designer I am the best person to facilitate the installation of your new garden should you choose to use my Project Facilitation service. This ensures that your new garden is installed exactly as designed.
LET'S WORK TOGETHER !